Saturday, November 8, 2008

Is Yoda one of the best managers?

While watching a Star Wars movie, I heard a very wise little green man say a few things that made me wonder if I could apply his wisdom when managing my team members.




Here are my Top 10 quotes:

  1. Try not. Do or do not, there is no try
  2. Dwell on the could haves, we must not. Focus on the solution, we must.

  3. Always in motion is the future.

  4. [Luke:] I can’t believe it. [Yoda:] That is why you fail.

  5. The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is.

  6. May the force be with you.

  7. Always two there are, a master and an apprentice.

  8. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind.

  9. You must unlearn what you have learned." "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will...

  10. Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

I will be expanding on each quote to see how we can link them to management.

No comments: